Wednesday 2 May 2007

Bad Manners

I have worked in retail for about two-and-a-half years, and every day without fail there will be at least one customer with bad manners. Because I work in a shop part-time, customers seem to look down on me, and think they can treat me however I like, but when people are rude, it puts others around them in a bad mood too.

Most children are taught how and when to say "please" and "thank you," yet many of these children appear to lose these simple words from their vocabulary when they grow older. It's not difficult to be polite, but it does make a big difference to how people perceive others in society. If someone is rude, then other people tend to not make an effort with them in future, not because they have committed a serious crime or done anything terrible, but all because they couldn't be bothered to have simple good manners.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/1996/11/11/smallb3.html

No comments: