Monday 7 May 2007

Swearing

Personally, I hate hearing people swearing constantly, as I think it can be very vulgar. I'm not trying to be sexist, but I dso think that women and girls swearing does sound particularly bad and "common," but its often the female sex that swear more nowadays. However, I do think there are occasions when only swearing can portray certain powerful messages and emotions, and can also aid in comedy.

Admittedly, I swear, but not excessively, and I don't think I first started swearing until I was about 12 or 13 years old. Although I say the odd swearword in front of my parents, I would never say the "F" word or anything as bad as this when in their presence, mainly as a sign of respect. My parents don't say things like this in front of me, despit the fact that I'm a grown adult, so I don't either. There's a time and a place for swearing, and when you're younger, you often find it "cool" to swear, as it's a form of rebellion and a its also part of growing-up; part of the path to maturity. However, I do generally disagree with swearing, as it's impolite and rude, and is not an acceptable form of behaviour in public, especially if there are young children or elderly people in earshot.

No comments: